Friday, August 19, 2016

My First Day at College


My first day at college is an important event of my life. To me it is an unforgettable day. I was most curiously awaiting the day when I would start my college life. I thought that the college life would offer me a free life, here restriction would be few. At last the longed-four day came in.

I reached the campus of Dhaka Commerce College. It took me some fifteen minutes to reach there. This time I felt nervous. My feet seemed not to have touched the ground. The large building, though I saw it before, appeared new to me.

The building, its majestic structure, and the large campus occupied a new place in my mind. I found myself in a new world. I saw some boys in front of a board. I went there and saw our class routine. I took the routine. 

I entered the college premises with new hopes and aspirations. I was glad to see that the college presented a new sight. It was quite different from what I had seen in and around our school. I came across many unknown faces.

The bell rang. It was 10 a.m. According to routine I entered a room numbered four. It was very spacious. Some students were already seated there. I sat down on the second bench of the second row.

After a few moments a smart gentleman entered. We all stood up and honoured him. He with a happy smile told us to be seated. He was the professor of English.


When we sat down, he called over the role. He advised us to be punctual and regular, to be obedient to teachers, to be sympathetic and to be friendly with our classmates. The bell duly rang.  The teacher left the class.

We went out. The second period was off-period. So I with one of my new classmates walked round the different blocks of the college building.


I went to the student’s common room. I saw there some students playing at table tennis, some at carom board, some sitting on the chairs and reading newspapers.



Then I went to the college library. The library was furnished with many shelves full of books. The bell rang. I entered the classroom. It was our accounting class. The class was also interesting to me.


I had some very strange experiences on the first day of my college life. I was baffled to see students playing indoor and outdoor games.

I observed that the students are free in their movements. They can do things according to their choice.

I found all the newly admitted students in a high spirits. They were all happy to make friends. I moved round the college. I was very much delighted to see the grand library of the college where I could find books on very subjects.

I found that the method of teaching in the college is different from that in the school.

Each subject is taught by a specialized teacher. Professors don't rebuke the students if they fail to learn their lessons. They simply tell the students to be conscious of their responsibilities.

The students find here a homely atmosphere which they lack in the school. For this, they feel easy and comfortable here.

I felt a new rhythm of life and returned home with a mixed sense of duty and liberty.

The class being over, I left the college. I returned home with a joyous mind. I concluded that liberty or freedom must not be misused at all. Thus my first day at college ended happily.































]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! The 1st day of my college was a Memorable day in my life. I have entirely ready was the 1st day of college. When I entered the college, it was a good thing all students and teachers were supportive. I completed the education at this college . After completing the education and admission in the supply chain management dissertation writing service, all moments were enjoyable.

Ariel Wilson said...

If you have command over English Grammar, I can say it with much confidence that you don’t have to pay someone to do your dissertation because you can do that on your own. Report writing seems difficult because students do not know the rules of grammar. Once you have the hang of that, you can ace any writing assignment.

MichelAnthony said...

This is the first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matters in this particular blog, One thing I would like to request you that pls keep posting such type of informative blog.
Go Jack Hooper Jacket
Croft & Barrow Leather Jacket
The Baker And The Beauty Noa Hamilton Coat
Jeff Colby Dynasty Sam Adegoke Wool Coat

Post a Comment

Composition on Female Education in Bangladesh for Examination

  Female Education in Bangladesh Education is a light to which everybody has the equal right. Education is the backbone of a nation. The ...